Friday, May 15, 2009

Sweet Tindora Soup

Butternut - Tindora Soup
This soup didn't have much tindora in it, since its new for us and I didn't buy alot of it. It's my first experiment using it.

1/2 butternut squash, 
2 sweet potato, 
1 cup beans, cooked
celery sliced, 
tindora sliced, 
brown rice, 
carrots, 
dried parsley
baby spinach
veggiezest
cashews

Directions
Since I steamed the squash and  sweet potato, and had beans on hand I cooked the rest of the ingredients in water for about 30 min and blended it with 1/4 the squash cashews and 1 sweet potato.  I cubed the rest of the potato and squash and added it to the soup.  Cooked for about 10 min more.  Note: you may need to cook the brown rice a bit longer (20 min) before adding the rest of the ingredients.  The rice I have cooks quickly (20 min) for some reason so it worked for me.  Could season with more cashews and/or seasonings to taste.


No comments: