Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Runner Cannellini Here we come

Today the beans from Rancho Gordo arrived.  I decided to order them after hearing so many good things from the blogs. Barb has been raving about them cooked in carrot juice, and others love them as well.

What I like about these beans is they are heirloom varieties, originally planted and harvested and passed down through generations to arrive right here on my counter top soaking up the filtered water :)

My son picked these to try first. Here is what their  website says about them
Related to the pre-conquest Ayocote bean, these were bred in Europe to the Italian aesthetic and now make their way back to the Americas.

 Tomorrow we will cook them in some water until they are nice and ready...  I ordered their sample packs so I will be trying them all including hominy which I never had before...

No comments: