Friday, September 18, 2009

Ready Set Juice!


moistly eclipse
Originally uploaded by Untitled blue
We made our first juice this morning from what I had on hand

5 Carrots, 2 Crispy Green Apples, bunch of Kale, 1/2 Lime - peeled, 1/2 head of romaine.

It was good :) It's a little getting used to it since the shoot is so small, but I managed. Next time I will cut it up smaller and see if that speeds things up.

My son was watching the whole thing and was amazed with the pulp shooting out, and after all the juicing was done, he wouldn't touch the juice it since it was GREEN... but he really wanted the pulp :)

So I let him try it and he liked it and wanted me to give him more for breakfast! LOL It was so funny that he refused the actual juice but it's great that he told me what he wanted.

I did give him a little juice so it's not too dry and some more in his soup for lunch so he got his share or healthy nutrients today!

Note to self - Next time when I make juice for him to actually drink, I will remember to make it another color.

No comments: